Our annual individual championships and U9/U11 Schools' Team Competitions.
Don't be put off because it says 'Championships' -- players of all standards come and enjoy playing on the day!
Online entry form: http://devonjuniorchess.co.uk/content/devon-junior-chess-championships-2019-online-entry-form (PDF below)
Devon Junior Chess Championships 2019-20 and Schools Team Tournament 2019-20
- PLAY will start at 9.30am.
Please arrive in good time.
The day will finish at about 5.00pm after the prize giving.
This will be as soon as possible after the last round finishes.
Prizegiving for U9s will be earlier.
- TIME CONTROL is 25 minutes per player per game with 10s increment per move.
- Everyone plays in all 6 rounds (except for byes).
- EPSCA Rapidplay rules will apply: http://www.epsca.org.uk/rules/epscaquickplayrules06.pdf
- DEVON SCHOOLS’ U11 & U9 TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS: Team lists of 5 players from the same school to be handed in by the start of round 2. The scores of the 5 players will be totalled at the end to find the school champions in the U11 and U9 sections.
- SUPERVISION: We will be responsible for players' safety and behaviour only in the playing rooms. Please arrange for the players to be supervised by a parent, carer or other adult in the rest area and especially outside. BRING something to do between rounds.
- PRIZES: Trophies will be awarded to the first three places in each section. Other prizes may be awarded according to the size of the entry.
- We will be following local and national safeguarding procedures: see http://www.englishchess.org.uk/safeguarding-children-policy/
- FACILITIES: We are hoping to arrange a refreshment stall offering hot and cold drinks and snacks.
- There will be a CHESS SHOP selling books, sets and other items.
- Entries online below or by post using the attached form by WEDS 11th Mar 2020. LATE ENTRIES will be accepted only in exceptional circumstances, when they will be subject to a £5 surcharge.
- Enquiries to: Devon Junior Chess as below