DJCA squad training day
1. Email me for details of the secret Openings page to see the PGN/PDF for your opening
2. Tactics training
- I don't have Paul's examples for you to download but you can find similar ones online
- In fact, there are new ones each day here! http://devonjuniorchess.co.uk/content/daily-chess-puzzles
- The main point was: make a list of all the checks captures and threats on every turn to 'solve' a position
3. Using computers
- Chess analysis engine:
- If you install ChessX on a desktop, it will automatically include StockFish
4. It's a set-up
- Tim's construction tasks
6. Practical chess
7. Closing plenary -- Endgames - see Dave's Evening Endgame Session -- Planning - I will email.
- Players to arrive for 9.45am, please.
- We will start at 10.00am, run two topics in the morning session, break for lunch for 30 minutes, and restart an afternoon session with two more topics, ending at 3.30pm.
- The day will consist mostly of coaching using discussions, worksheets and other activities.
- The children will be supervised throughout the day, so parents are not required to stay.
- Players should bring with them sufficient food, drink and snacks to last all day.
- The cost will be £12 per child.