U12 chess event run by DJCA
Wickham Hall - 23 Ashburton Rd, Bovey Tracey, Newton Abbot TQ13 9YQ
Please do not attend if you have COVID-19 symptoms (which can resemble a cold).
PLAY will start at 9.30am.
Please arrive in good time.
The day will finish at about 2.30pm after the prize giving.
This will be as soon as possible after the last round finishes.
- TIME CONTROL is 15 minutes per player per game with 5s increment per move.
- Everyone plays in all 6 rounds (except for byes).
- EPSCA Rapidplay rules will apply: https://www.epsca.org.uk/rules-2
Please note that the organisers are only responsible for children inside the chess playing areas.
Players must have someone to supervise them in the rest area.
Please bring something to do between rounds.
We will be following local and national safeguarding procedures:
- PRIZES: Trophies will be awarded to the first three places in each section. Other prizes may be awarded according to the size of the entry.
- FACILITIES: We are hoping to arrange a refreshment stall offering hot and cold drinks and snacks.
- There will be a CHESS SHOP selling books, sets and other items.
- Entries online below or here: https://devonjuniorchess.co.uk/content/djca-u12-bovey-tracey-chess-weeke...
Entry Fee: £18 before Weds 20th March please
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT £15 before Sat 16th Mar 2024
LATE ENTRIES will be accepted only in exceptional circumstances, when they will be subject to a £5 surcharge.
- Enquiries to: Devon Junior Chess as below